Mar 24, 05: Which soapstone is the hardest? (incomplete thread)

Which soapstone is the hardest?

Posted by deanab (My Page) on Thu, Mar 24, 05 at 19:56

I think I read on here that one particular soapstone was harder than the others. Anyone know?



RE: Which soapstone is the hardest?

Cobra, but good luck finding some!

RE: Which soapstone is the hardest?

I have a sample of Mariana from Walker-Zanger that is harder to scratch than my bathroom Corian. They call it "commercial" or "architectural" grade stone. It is much harder than the stuff I saw at Home Depot.

RE: Which soapstone is the hardest?

My sample of Alberene was harder than the Cobra or the Mariana. I am awaiting my slabs of Mariana - any day now!

RE: Which soapstone is the hardest?

Interesting. The folks who gave me a sample and called it Mariana wasn't that hard to scratch. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard either.

RE: Which soapstone is the hardest?

I too found Alberene to be by far the hardest. I have it installed in a bathroom, and it takes a lot to scratch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home